Jacqueline Wilson Interview

Jacqueline Wilson answered these questions in 2005.

What was your favourite book when you were a child?
Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield

Which of your books was the most difficult to write? Why?
Lola Rose - I wanted to write about worrying subjects like domestic violence and serious illness truthfully - but I didn't want the book to be too upsetting.

Which of your characters is most like you?
Maybe I'm like Ruby and Garnet in Double Act all rolled into one.

How do you write your books? Do you plot and plan in detail, or do you develop an idea as you are writing?
I have a vague idea in my head but I like to find out what's going to happen as I write.

Why do you enjoy writing for children?
I find it easy to write from a child's point of view.

What advice would you give to young writers to help them improve their stories?
I would suggest they read lots of books and simply have fun writing their stories.

Check out these great Jacqueline Wilson facts.

No comments: