Michael Morpurgo Books

There are numerous Michael Morpurgo books that are loved by children all over the world. His stories seem to stay with children and they are able to recall them in detail months and even years after they have finished them. Here follows a list of some of the books by Michael Morpurgo that I have seen children enjoy the most:
  • The Butterfly Lion
  • Cool!
  • Friend of Foe
  • Private Peaceful
  • Tom's Sausage Lion
  • The Sandman and the Turtles
  • Torro Torro
  • The Wreck of the Zanzibar
  • War Horse
  • Kensuke's Kingdom
  • Farm Boy
  • Adolphus Tips

My personal favourite Michael Morpurgo book is Kensuke's Kingdom. I enjoyed it because I really cared about the charcters. I loved the little details that made the story come to life - the scene with the turtles and how Kensuke's past is revealed. Without giving anything away, the book ends perfectly. It is completely satisfying and is the only way that the charcaters can act. It is a sad story, but also a story full of hope, friendship and spirit. I have read this book to lots of children and all of them have loved the book as much as I do. Lots of adults I know have also read this Michael Morpurgo novel, and they too have enjoyed it.

What's your favourite Michael Morpurgo story? Do you really like one from the list above, or would you recommend another Michael Morpurgo title? Do you prefer the work of a different writer of children's books? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

No comments: